Saucy Beef Pasta
Here's a hearty, tasty meal-in-one.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 10-oz package frozen green beans
- 1/2 cup onions, minced
- 1 lb + 6 oz lean ground beef
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cubes beef bouillon
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dry parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 cups packaged flat noodles
Yield: 4 servings--Serving size: 1-1/2 cups
- Place 1/2 cup of water in saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add green beans, lower heat, and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Place onions and ground beef in skillet.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink, about 5-10 minutes.
- Drain fat off.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Combine cold water and flour; stir until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and beef bouillon cubes to ground beef.
- Cook, stirring frequently until mixture has thickened and bouillon cubes have dissolved, about 4 minutes.
- Add cooked green beans, cooked noodles, pepper, parsley flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder to ground beef mixture.
- Stir to combine.
- Place mixture in 8 x 12-inch baking pan; cover and bake in 350oF oven until thoroughly heated, about 15 minutes.
|Nutrition at a glance
Each Serving Provides:
|amount per serving
Source: U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion. Recipes and Tips for Healthy, Thrifty Meals.