Vegetarian Angel Hair Pasta
- 1 lb. angel hair pasta
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. garlic salt
- 5 c. fresh diced tomatoes
- ½ tsp. basil
- ¾ c. vegetable broth
- ¼ c. Parmesan cheese
- 2 cans (4 oz.) sliced, pitted olives
- Salt and pepper to taste (1 tsp. each)
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat oil.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook for one minute.
- Add tomatoes, basil, olives, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add hot pasta to skillet, toss well.
- Add vegetable broth and stir.
- Toss with Parmesan cheese and serve while hot.
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 anchovy
- 3 capers
- 1 tsp of hot red pepper flakes
- 4 tbsp of Parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp of white wine
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 packet of spaghetti
- Sautee the bell pepper, onion, anchovy, capers, red pepper flakes and white wine in the olive oil over a medium heat until the bell peppers fall apart.
- Puree the bell pepper sauce until it has a rough pudding texture. Add the Parmesan cheese.
- Boil the spaghetti for 9-11 minutes, strain and add to the pureed bell pepper sauce.
Serves: 4 persons