Somers' Eat, Cheat, and Melt the Fat Away
red onion, cut into 8 equal-size wedges
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 8 equal-size
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped
oven to 350 degrees.
a large bowl, combine onions and olive oil and toss to coat well.
a grill pan over high heat.
- Arrange onion wedges on grill pan and cook until browned
and tender underneath, about 5 minutes.
- Turn onions over and cook until very tender,
5-7 minutes more. Brush with more oil as needed.
a large bowl beat eggs and cream until blended.
- Stir in cheese, salt, and pepper
a 10-inch braiser or ovenproof frying pan over medium low heat, melt butter.
rosemary and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and fold gently
to combine rosemary and eggs.
- Arrange grilled onions over top of eggs.
pan to oven and bake until frittata is golden brown and puffy, about 12-15 minutes.
If you do not have an ovenproof frying pan, transfer egg mixture into an 8-inch
non-stick cake pan and bake as directed.
2001 by Suzanne Somers