Traditional Jerk Sauce
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- 4 scotch bonnet peppers, chopped
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- ½ cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of thyme, chopped
- ½ cup of pimento berries, crushed
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor.
- Blend them well and place them in a jar.
- Refrigerate for 2 days before using.
Jamaican Hot Peppers
- 1 lb of hot peppers, cored and chopped
- 6 pimento grains
- 3 tbsp of sugar
- 2 cups of white vinegar
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped and partially boiled
- 1 onion, chopped
- Add all the ingredients to a canning jar.
- Allow them to marinate for several days in the refrigerator before using.
Jamaican Spicy Shallot Dressing
- 2 tbsp of lime juice
- 3 tbsp of vinegar
- 2 tbsp of ginger root, grated
- 3 tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- salt and pepper
- 3 shallots, chopped finely
- Puree all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate the dressing before serving.