Papaya Soft Serve Ice Cream
- 1 large papaya, ripe, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 4 cups of rum raisin ice cream
- 2 tbsp of caramel
- 2 tsp of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp of heavy cream
- Whip all the ingredients together until they’re completely blended.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours before serving.
Jamaican Key Lime Cheesecake
- 1 pre-made pie crust
- (3) 8 oz packs of cream cheese
- 5 eggs
- 4 tbsp of key lime juice
- ¾ cup of sour cream
- 2 tsp of lime peel, grated
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- ½ tsp of cinnamon
- 1 cup of mango, dried and diced
- ½ cup of raisins
- 3 tbsp of fresh mint, chopped
- ½ cup of sherry
- ½ cup of evaporated milk
- Cream together all the ingredients and pour them into the pie shell.
- Bake the pie, in a tray with an inch of water at the bottom, at 475-degrees for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 30-45 minutes.
Jamaican Coconut Porridge
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 4 tbsp of flour
- 1 cup of hominy corn, cooked
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of pineapple juice
- Mix all the ingredients together, boil them for 10 minutes and to form a paste.
- Roll the warm paste into ball and set them on a greased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle them with brown sugar.
- Allow them to cool.