Fat-free, Low-sugar Sorghum Cookies
- Non- stick cooking spray
- 1 c. self-rising flour
- 1 c. quick oats
- 1/2 c. Splenda
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 c. sorghum
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- Stir in egg whites, sorghum and vanilla until well mixed. Batter will be stiff.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon on cookie sheets. Bake 10 minutes or until firm.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.
Makes 28 cookies
Light and Easy Cookies
- 3/4 c. Bisquick
- 1 (3 oz.) pkg. sugar-free instant pudding
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1 egg substitute
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine Bisquick and pudding mix.
- Stir in oil and egg substitute. Mix thoroughly.
- Form into tiny balls and flatten with fingers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
Makes 3 dozen cookies.
- 1 lb. low cholesterol margarine
- 2 c. Splenda
- 5 egg substitutes
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 oz. whiskey
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 2 1/2 lbs. all-purpose flour
- In large bowl mix together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Cream butter with electric mixer until soft.
- Blend sugar with butter, adding egg substitutes one by one, blending well.
- Add whiskey and vanilla, mix thoroughly.
- Take all these ingredients and pour into a flour mix and knead until dough can be rolled without breaking.
- Using butter on hands, roll dough into different shapes (small amounts of dough to make the shapes).
- Place cookieS on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Brush tops of cookies with egg and milk mixture.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 15 minutes on top rack or 5 to 20 minutes on middle rack.
Makes 120 cookies.