- 1 ¼ cups of unsifted flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups of Quaker oats (Old Fashioned)
- 1 package (18 1/3 oz.) butterscotch morsels
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the unsifted flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl and gradually add in flour mixture.
- Stir in the oats and butterscotch morsels.
- Drop rounded tablespoons onto an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes for chewy cookies or 9 to 10 minutes for crisp cookies.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes then move to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5 cored apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 small tub fat free whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Rinse apples and leave wet.
- Put apples on a cookie sheet with hole facing upward.
- Dust apples with brown sugar.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minuets or until soft.
- Serve hot topped with whipped topping.
Microwave Caramel Corn
- 12 c. popped corn
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. white corn syrup
- 1 stick margarine
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Mix all ingredients (except popped corn) in bowl. Boil in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and add 1/2 teaspoon soda.
- Put popped corn in brown grocery bag and pour syrup over it.
- Shake bag hard.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes on high - take out and shake well again.
- Turn bag in opposite direction and microwave 1 1/2 minutes on high.
- Open carefully as it will be hot.
- Put on waxed paper or cookie sheet to cool before serving.