Russian Tea Cakes
- 1 c. soft butter or margarine
- 1/2 c. confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 c. flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 c. nuts, chopped
- Mix butter, sugar, and vanilla and set aside.
- Mix flour and salt and add to butter mixture.
- Stir in nuts. Form into 1 inch balls.
- Place about 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake 14 to 17 minutes at 400 degrees until delicately brown.
- While still warm, roll in powdered sugar.
- Let cool, then roll in powdered sugar again.
Makes 5 dozen.
Light Lemon Cheesecake
- 3 egg whites
- Rind of 1/2 lemon
- 2 2/3 c. low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 c. Splenda
- 1/4 c. cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease bottom of 7 inch cheesecake pan.
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into pan.
- Prepare a water bath by placing cheesecake pan in a larger oven-proof pan, then fill larger pan with enough boiling water to reach half-way up cheesecake pan.
- Bake in preheated 325 degree oven for 70 minutes, until center is set and toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from water bath and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, carefully cut around edges with thin knife and invert on flat pan.
- Invert again on serving dish.
- Serve with fresh raspberries to top.