Mouthwatering, Melt in your mouth, Chocolate Peppermint Pretzels
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup crushed peppermint candy
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix powdered sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla and egg. Stir flour, cocoa and salt into batter.
- Knead tablespoons of dough with hands until molding consistency.
- Roll into 9 inch ropes and then twist into pretzel shapes.
- Bake for about 9 minutes at 375 degrees or until set. Allow cookies to cool.
- Dip the tops of the pretzels into glaze (see recipe below) and sprinkle with chopped peppermint candies.
- 2 oz. of unsweetened chocolate
- 2 Tbsp. of butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons water
- Heat 2 oz. of unsweetened chocolate and 2 Tbsp. of butter over a low heat until melted.
- Remove mixture from heat.
- Beat in 2 cups powdered sugar and 3 to 4 tablespoons water until smooth.