Pecan Chocolate Melts
- 2 cups of shortening
- 1 cup of chocolate malt powder
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of salt
- 4 cups of wheat flour
- 2 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of butterscotch chocolate chips
- 2 cups of chopped pecans
- 2 tsp of baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the baking soda, salt, flour, sugar, chocolate malt powder, and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the eggs and shortening.
- Mix the ingredients in a blender for 5 minutes.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Shape the dough into small balls and place them on a cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies in a 375-degree oven for 12 minutes.
Makes: 45 cookies
Orange Wing Cookies
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of butter, melted
- 3 tbsp of orange juice
- 2 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut
- 2 tbsp of orange peel
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together melted butter and orange juice.
- Slowly add the brown sugar, whole wheat flour, coconut and orange peel to the orange juice mixture.
- Beat the mixture (dough) for 5 minutes.
- Add the dough to a cookie press and press cookies onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 11 minutes in a 350-degree oven.