Low-fat Gelatin Dessert
- 1 ½ c. boiling water
- 1 pkg. (8-serving size) sugar-free, low-calorie flavored gelatin
- 1 c. cold water
- Ice cubes
- 2 ¾ c. fat-free whipped topping
- Stir boiling water and gelatin together in large bowl for a few minutes until gelatin powder is dissolved.
- Mix cold water and ice cubes to make 2 cups.
- Add cold water mixture to gelatin, stirring until slightly thickened.
- Remove any remaining ice.
- Stir in whipped topping with whisk until smooth.
- Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping and fresh fruit if desired.
Serves 6-8 persons
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- 1 Tbsp. anise seed
- 1 cup sliced almonds or chopped walnuts, soaked in 2oz.
- brandy or whiskey
- 3 cups flour
- 3 Tbsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add oil, eggs, vanilla and almond extract.
- Mix well.
- Add the nuts, flour and baking powder.
- Blend well and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Divide dough into 9 parts.
- On a floured surface, roll each part into a stick about 14 inches long and able the diameter of a broomstick.
- Place three rolls on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove rolls from oven and slice about ½ inch thick at a 45 degree angle.
- Return slices to the baking pan, cut side down and bake at 425 degrees until slightly browned.
- Biscotti can be stored in an airtight container for 4 to 5 months.