Cherry Almond Cookies
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 1/2 sugar
- 1 lb of almond paste
- 3 cups of flower
- 2/3 cup of brown sugar
- 7 egg whites
- 1 3/4 sticks of butter
- 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 27 candied cherries
- 1 cup of almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the sugar and almond paste in a food mixer. Add the egg white and beat for 3 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Add to a blender the flour, butter, brown sugar.
- Fold the egg yolks and vanilla into the dough.
- Chill the dough for an hour
- Roll out the dough 1/8 inch thick on a floured surface.
- Cut out a circle of dough with a circular cookie cutter.
- Place the circular dough pieces into greased muffin tins and add a small scoop of the almond filling.
- Garnish with chopped almonds
- Bake in a 350-degree oven for 17 minutes.
- Remove the trays from the oven and cool.
Makes: 50-60 cookies
Healthy benefits of Almonds
Chocolate Cookie Balls
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 3/4 cups of chopped pecans
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 cups of flour
- powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup of cocoa
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together the butter and sugar.
- Add the flour, salt, cocoa, vanilla and salt.
- Fold the pecans into the dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place them on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake then in the oven at 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool and sprinkle them with the powdered sugar.
Makes: 30 cookies