Minute Chicken Creole
recipe is brought to you by Black Women for Wellness. For more information
about Black Women for Wellness, click here
to visit their website.
Medium Chicken breast halves (1 1/2 lbs total), Skinned, boned and cut into 1-inch
- 1 14-oz Can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup low-sodium chili sauce
- 1 1/2 cups chopped green pepper (1 large)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tsp chopped fresh basil or 1 tsp
dried basil, crushed
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Non-stick sprat coating
deep skillet with non-stick spray coating.
- Preheat pan oven high heat.
- Cook chicken
in hot skillet, stirring for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes and their juice, low-sodium chili sauce, green paper, celery,
onion, garlic, basil, parsley, crushed red pepper and salt.
- Bring to boiling;
reduce heat and simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice or
whole wheat pasta.
Makes 4 servings
Nutritional Content Per serving
Total Fat: 3 g
Saturated fat:0.8 g
Protein: 31 g
Cholesterol: 100 mg
Sodium: 465 mg
Dietary fiber: 1.5 g