Vegetarian by Crescent Dragonwagon, Robbin Gourley
one 9-inch pie, Serves 6 to 8
spray or oil (optional)
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup crush Nutri-Grain
or other no-sugar-added corn or wheat flakes
- 2 tablespoons unbleached white
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon
melted butter or mild vegetable oil, such as corn, canola or peanut
- 2 to 3
tablespoons water, preferably spring or filtered
- 1 ounce
unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 packages (21 ounces total) silken tofu, firm or extra firm
tablespoons cashew butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure
raspberries (you may substitute other fresh fruit in season, such as strawberries
or sliced oranges, with or without a sprig of mint)
the oven to 425 F.
not using a nonstick pan, spray an 8- to 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray, or
the graham cracker and cereal crumbs, flour, brown sugar, and salt.
- Add the melted
butter and 2 tablespoons of the water.
- Add the remaining water only if needed
to make a consistency that can be pressed into the pan.
- Using your fingers, press
the mixture into the prepared pan to cover the bottom and sides evenly. Bake for
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
the chocolate in the top half of a double boiler over hot water.
the Rapidura in a food processor along with the tofu and cashew butter.
- Buzz until
smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the melted chocolates,
cocoa, and vanilla.
- Process until very smooth.
the chocolate mixture into the cooled pie crust.
- Place in the refrigerator and
chill for at least 4 hours.
- Serve, chilled, with the fresh raspberries or fruit