- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 c. tortilla chips, finely crushed
- 14-15 oz. can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1/3 c. reduced-fat Jack cheese, grated
- Cilantro sprigs and lime wedges
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix oil, lime juice and honey.
- Brush chicken with lime juice mixture.
- Roll chicken in the tortilla crumbs to coat.
- Place in baking dish.
- Bake 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Puree tomatoes and cilantro.
- Remove chicken from oven, pour on puree, top with cheese.
- Return to oven until cheese melts.
- Garnish with cilantro and limes. Serves 4.
Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 tbsp. peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 c. broccoli florets
- 1 c. diagonally sliced carrots, thin slices
- 1/2 c. onion wedges, thin wedges
- 6 oz. skinless chicken breast strips
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 1/2 tsp. blush wine
- 1 tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp. ginger
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- In a large skillet or a wok heat oil; add broccoli, carrots, and onion.
- Cook, stirring quickly and frequently until vegetables are tender crisp and onions are browned.
- Stir in chicken.
- In a small bowl combine remaining ingredients, stirring to dissolve cornstarch; add to chicken mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve each portion over 1/2 cup cooked noodles or long grain rice.