Chicken Mozzarella Cheese
- 4 whole chicken breasts (boneless)
- 4 egg substitutes
- Italian bread crumbs
- ¾ c. margarine
- ½ c. fresh mushrooms
- 1 c. Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Slice breasts into serving size pieces.
- Place chicken in egg substitute for 1 hour.
- Saute mushrooms and set aside.
- Roll chicken pieces in bread crumbs and fry in margarine until brown (10 minutes).
- Place chicken in 9 x 13 dish and put mushrooms on top.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Then add cheese on top.
- Put chicken back in oven until cheese melts.
Microwave Chicken Divan
- 2 whole chicken breasts, split
- 2 (10 oz.) pkgs. frozen broccoli spears
- 4 oz. reduced-fat or light pasteurized processed cheese
- 1 can (10-11 oz.) low-fat, low-sodium cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. rosemary
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. dry sherry or chicken broth
- Place chicken breasts in 12 x 8 inch microwave-safe baking dish. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on medium 12 to 14 minutes or until tender; uncover and allow to cool.
- Microwave broccoli on high power in packages 8 to 9 minutes or until thawed.
- Drain and set aside.
- Remove chicken from baking dish.
- Remove skin and bones; cut chicken into pieces.
- Arrange broccoli in baking dish and top with chicken.
- Crumble cheese over chicken.
- Combine soup, salt, rosemary, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and sherry; pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Microwave on high power uncovered 8 minutes.
- Microwave at medium power 4 to 6 minutes or until heated in center.