Light Chicken and Rice
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless
- 1/3 c. Italian salad dressing
- 2/3 c. uncooked regular rice
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen broccoli, carrots & water chestnuts
- 1 can French fried onions
- 1 3/4 c. chicken bouillon (2 cubes)
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place chicken breasts in 8 x 12 inch baking dish.
- Pour salad dressing over chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Place rice, vegetables and 1/2 can of fried onion around and under chicken.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
- Make bouillon with boiling water (1 3/4 cups) and pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Bake chicken uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Top with remaining onions, bake for 2 minutes more.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Chicken Pot Pie
- 2-2 1/2 c. cooked chopped chicken
- 1 (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cans low-fat, low-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 c. skim milk
- Bisquick mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix chicken, vegetables, cream of chicken soup and milk.
- Heat in the microwave until warmed completely throughout.
- Fix Bisquick according to package directions.
- Make enough for 12-14 biscuits and put over top of warm mixture.
- Bake in oven (conventional) at 350 degrees until biscuits are done and mixture bubbly.