Chicken and Avocado Sandwich on Rye
- 8 slice rye bread, toasted
- 2 tbsp. low-fat or fat-free mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 8 purple onion slices
- 4 oz. Swiss cheese slices
- 8 slices low-sodium bacon, cooked
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 grilled chicken breast slices
- 8 tomato slices
- 2 avocados, peeled and mashed
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Spread 1 side of each toast slice evenly with mayonnaise.
- Top four toast slices with onion and next five ingredients.
- Spoon avocado on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining toast slices and serve.
- ¼ c. flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cans mild Ro-Tel diced tomatoes and chiles, undrained
- 1 can sliced black olives
- sour cream to garnish
- shredded Cheddar cheese to garnish
- Combine first three ingredients and roll chicken in flour mixture.
- Brown chicken in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes and olives; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve chicken mixture over yellow rice and top with sour cream and cheese.