Salsa Beef Casserole
- 1/2 lb. 90% lean ground beef
- 1-1/2 cups cooked dried or canned black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups salsa
- 1/2 cup CREAM OF WHEAT Cereal (1-minute, 2-1/2-minute or 10-minute cook time), uncooked
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chilies, un-drained
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coarsely broken baked tortilla chips
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Brown meat in large skillet; drain.
- Remove from heat.
- Add beans, chili powder and garlic powder; mix well.
- Spread into 8-inch square baking dish; sprinkle evenly with tomatoes.
- BRING 2 cups water to boil in medium saucepan.
- Gradually stir in cereal; cook 1 to 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes.
- Add cheese, chilies and egg; mix well.
- Spread over meat mixture; sprinkle with chips.
- BAKE 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve garnished with pitted ripe olive slices, shredded lettuce and chopped onions, if desired.
Zesty Cheeseburger Mac Casserole
- 1 bag (16 oz.) frozen vegetable blend with broccoli, carrots, cauliflower (3 cups)
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) Mac & Cheese dinner
- 3/4 cup fat free milk
- 1/4 cup Italian Dressing
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef, cooked, drained
- 1 cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- Place frozen vegetables in colander in sink.
- Cook Macaroni as directed on package.
- Pour cooked macaroni over frozen vegetables in colander to drain and quickly thaw vegetables.
- RETURN macaroni and vegetables to same saucepan.
- Add cheese sauce, milk and dressing; mix well.
- Add cooked meat and 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese; mix well. Spoon into 2-qt. round casserole dish; cover with foil.
- BAKE 35 min. or until heated through.
- Uncover; top with remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake an additional 3 to 4 min. or until cheese is melted.
Sage Turkey Casserole
- 8 oz. spaghetti, broken in half, uncooked
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 tsp sage
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Cook spaghetti as directed on package; drain.
- MIX soup, sour cream, milk, Parmesan cheese, sage and pepper in large bowl.
- Add spaghetti, broccoli and turkey; mix lightly.
- Spoon into 2-quart casserole.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through