Porcini and Pomodori Casserole
- 2 cups of chopped porcini mushrooms, dried and then hydrated with 1 quart of boiling water for two hours.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of sugar
- 1/2 loaf of bread, torn into small pieces
- 4 cups of tomatoes, chopped
- 2 sage leaves
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup of Pecornio cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp of flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Simmer the onions, butter, sugar and sage for 8 minutes.
- Add the flour and stir to thicken the butter/onion mix.
- Add the mushrooms and torn pieces of bread.
- Simmer until the mushrooms are tender and bread, soggy.
- Layer a greased baking dish with the mushroom mix, tomatoes and cheeses.
- Repeat layering until you have no more ingredients.
- Bake the casserole in a 375-degree oven for 45 minutes.
Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole
- 1 bag of frozen peas
- 4 cups of mushrooms, chopped
- 3 cups of leftover turkey, cubed
- 1/2 cup of onion, chopped
- 1 cups of macaroni noodles, cooked
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 cup of Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 can of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sautee the onion and mushrooms in the butter.
- Add the soup and milk.
- Add the soup mixture to deep baking dish with the turkey, peas and noodles.
- Add the cheese
- Bake the casserole in a 350-degree oven for 35 minutes.