Low-fat Chile Relleno Casserole
- 1 1/2 c. evaporated skim milk
- 6 egg whites
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 3 (7 oz.) whole can chilies
- 1/2 lb. low fat Jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 lb. low fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray casserole dish (9x13) with vegetable oil cooking spray.
- Beat evaporated skim milk, egg whites and flour together until smooth.
- Split open chilies and rinse to remove seeds.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Mix cheeses together and reserve 1/2 cup for topping.
- Alternate layers of chiles, cheese and egg mixture in casserole dish.
- Pour tomato sauce over top layer and sprinkle with reserved cheese.
- Bake 1 hour or until done in center.
Light Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed & drained
- 1 c. light sour cream
- 1 c. low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 c. Bisquick baking mix
- 1/4 c. margarine, melted
- 2 egg substitutes
- 1 tomato (peeled & sliced thin)
- 1/4 c. grated fat-free Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 8 x 8 inch baking dish and spread broccoli in dish.
- Beat sour cream, cottage cheese, Bisquick, margarine and egg substitutes with hand beater for 1 minute.
- Pour over broccoli.
- Arrange tomato slices on top; then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown and when a knife is inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.
Serves 6-8 persons.