Cheesy Broccoli Casserole
- 1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- 2 pkg. (10 oz. each) frozen broccoli florets, thawed, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz.) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 jar of Cheese Dip
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package, using only 3 Tbsp. margarine. Set aside.
- MIX remaining ingredients in 2-qt. baking dish; top with stuffing.
- BAKE 30 min. or until heated through.
Grecian Eggplant Casserole
- 2 eggplants, peeled and sliced very thinly
- 10 slices provolone cheese
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 8 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- 4 oz grated parmesan, or Romano cheese
- 2 lbs ground meat (beef, turkey or lamb)
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- Olive oil
- Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 oz can tomato sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bottom and sides of a 9x13 pan with olive oil.
- Put a bit of olive oil in a frying pan and sauté chopped onion, celery garlic and about 1 tsp of Italian seasoning. Sauté for about 10 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add the ground meat and cook until meat is no longer pink.
- Drain any grease.
- Add can of tomato sauce and cinnamon and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Mix the shredded mozzarella, grated parmesan, ricotta and feta cheeses in a small bowl, and out aside.
- In the meantime, salt the eggplant slices. I slice my eggplant one at a time so I can cut them in half per recipe.
- Put half the salted eggplant slices (one eggplant) in the bottom of a large greased pan.
- Sprinkle with Italian seasonings.
- Layer one half of meat/tomato mixture over the eggplant.
- Layer half of the provolone cheese and half the grated parmesan/ricotta/feta/mozzarella mixture and spread over the provolone cheese.
- Repeat the layering, add additional Italian seasoning.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes, 325°F if using a glass pan.