Fashioned Bread Pudding with apple-raisin sauce
recipe is brought to you by Black Women for Wellness. For more information
about Black Women for Wellness, click here
to visit their website.
fat: 3 g
Saturated fat:1 g
Protein: 7 g
Sodium: 252 mg
Dietary fiber: 3 g
slices whole wheat bread
- 1 egg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp sugar
the oven to 350 F.
- Spray an 8-inch x 8-inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Lay the slices of bread in the baking dish in tow rows, overlapping them like
- In medium mixing bowl, beat together the egg, egg whites, milk,
1/4 cup sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread.
In a small bowl, stir together the cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and 2 tsp sugar.
the spiced sugar over the bread pudding.
- Bake the pudding for 30-35 mins. until
it has browned on top and is firm to the touch.
- Serve warm or at room
temperature, with warm apple-raising sauce
1/4 cups apple juice
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 2 tsp molasses
- 1/2 raisins
tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp orange zest (optional)
- Stir all the ingredients together in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring to a simmer
over low heat.
the sauce simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Serves 2 cups