Spiced Orange Coffee
- 1/2 cup ground coffee
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 cups cold water
- Cinnamon sticks and halved orange slices (optional)
- Place the coffee, orange peel and cinnamon in the filter in the brew basket of a coffee maker.
- Place the brown sugar in the empty pot of the coffee maker.
- Prepare the coffee with the cold water.
- When the brewing is complete, stir until well mixed.
- Pour into large cups or mugs.
- Serve with cinnamon sticks and halved orange slices if desired.
Cinnamon and Spice
- 2/3 cup instant coffee
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Mix thoroughly and put into a blender a couple cups at a time and blend to a fine powder.
- To use, add approximately 2 rounded teaspoons per cup of boiling water, or less, to suit your own taste.
- 2 cups water or orange juice
- 1 piece (3-inch size) orange rind
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 6 whole cloves
- 5 whole allspice
- 2 cardamom pods -- bruised
- 1 vanilla bean -- split
- 3 cups concord grape juice
- blanched almond
- golden raisins
- Combine first 9 Ingredients: in a pot over medium heat. Bring mixture to a simmer, being careful not to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Strain mixture, and serve immediately, or gently reheat before serving. (If you prefer a stronger flavor, steep spices longer before straining.)
- Garnish if desired.