Rosy Cranberry Cider
- 2 oranges
- 2 Quarts cranberry juice
- 4 three-inch cinnamon sticks
- 2 two-inch pieces fresh ginger peeled and sliced lengthwise
- Sugar to taste
- With a vegetable peeler or a sharp knife, remove four 3-inch-long strips of peel from orange; set aside.
- Juice orange, and strain out pulp.
- In a medium stockpot, combine orange juice, reserved orange peel, cranberry juice, cinnamon sticks, and ginger.
- Taste, and add sugar if desired.
- Heat over medium-high heat until simmering.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes.
- Strain, and discard solids.
- Serve hot.
- 2 cups dairy or canned eggnog
- 1 tablespoon light rum
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1 cup hot brewed espresso
- Ground nutmeg
- Heat eggnog in small heavy saucepan over medium heat until hot (do not boil).
- Transfer about half the eggnog and half the espresso mixture to a blender container,
- Cover; blend until very frothy.
- Repeat with remaining mixtures
- Divide evenly among coffee cups.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 4 cups skim milk
- 12 ounces can evaporated milk (or evaporated skim milk)
- 8 ounces frozen egg product thawed (or egg whites)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup rum flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ground nutmeg
- cinnamon sticks
- Cook and stir skim milk, evaporated milk, egg product and sugar in saucepan over medium heat for about 10 minutes or till slightly thickened.
- Do not boil!
- Place pan over a bowl of ice water, stir mixture 2 minutes.
- Cover and chill 4 to 24 hours.
- Stir in rum and vanilla.
- Stir in additional skim milk until desired thickness.
- Sprinkle each serving with ground nutmeg.
- Serve with cinnamon stick stirrers.