Papaya Ginger Smoothie
- 2 1/2 Cups papaya (Solo or Mexican) chunks
- 1 Cup ice cubes
- 2/3 Cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 16 fresh mint leaves plus 4 sprigs for garnish
- Refrigerate papaya until very cold, at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Blend papaya, ice, yogurt, ginger, honey, and lemon juice in a blender.
- Add up to 1/4 cup water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until mixture is smooth and thinned to desired consistency.
- Blend in mint leaves.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
Banana Yogurt Smoothie
- 2 Tablespoons seedless raspberry jam, stirred until smooth
- 8 bananas
- 3 Cups vanilla yogurt
- 2 Cups apple juice
- 2 Cups milk
- Paint jam circles on insides of drinking glasses with a small, unused paint brush.
- Let stand at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut 4 bananas into chunks; place in blender.
- Add 1 1/2 cups yogurt and 1 cup apple juice.
- Blend until smooth, adding 1 cup milk to thin as it blends.
- Pour into jam-dotted glasses repeat with remaining serve immediately.
- 2 1/2 Cups pineapple juice
- 2 1/2 Cups freshly squeezed orange juice plus orange sections for garnish (optional)
- 3/4 Cup plain yogurt
- 1 banana peeled and halved
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground cinnamon plus more for garnish
- Fill one ice-cube tray with pineapple juice and another tray with orange juice.
- Place in the freezer until frozen, several hours or overnight.
- Place yogurt, banana, honey, and cinnamon in the jar of a blender, and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, and set aside.
- Rinse blender, and fill with pineapple ice cubes and remaining pineapple juice.
- Process until smooth.
- Divide among four glasses, top with reserved yogurt mixture, and place in the freezer.
- Meanwhile, process the orange-juice cubes with the remaining orange juice.
- Remove filled glasses from freezer, and top with orange-juice slush.
- Garnish each glass with additional cinnamon and an orange section, if desired.
- Serve immediately.