Banana Coffee Cooler
- 1 cup cold brewed double strength coffee
- 1 large ripe banana, sliced
- 1 pint coffee or vanilla ice cream, softened
- Place the coffee and banana in a blender container; cover.
- Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Add the ice cream; cover.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into tall glasses.
- Serve at once.
South of the Border Coffee
- 8 cups water
- 1/3 cup or 3 small cones piloncillo (panocha)
- 1/2 ounce baking chocolate, chopped
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 (2-inch) piece stick cinnamon
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup regular grind coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
This should be made with the cone-shaped raw sugar called piloncillo, but you may substitute dark brown sugar.
- Heat water.
- Add piloncillo, chocolate, cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a full boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in coffee or add coffee in a bouquet garni bag for easy removal.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Strain through a double thickness of coffee filter.
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups hot brewed coffee
- Sweetened whipped cream
- Cook half and half and maple syrup in a pan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.
- Do not boil.
- Stir in coffee and serve with sweetened whipped cream.