- 2 quarts brewed coffee
- 4 cups evaporated skim milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- In a large saucepan, combine coffee, milk and sugar.
- Cook on medium high heat, stirring occasionally until mixture begins to boil.
- Remove from heat and add extracts.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 16 (6 ounce) servings
Toasted Almond Coffee
- 1 oz brandy flavoring
- 10 ounces medium roast brewed coffee
- 1 oz of Amaretto liqueur
- 1/4 cup lightly whipped coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted, sliced almonds (optional)
- Pour hot coffee in the heated brandy snifter and stir in the liqueur.
- Top with whipped cream and almonds, if desired.
Healthy benefits of Almonds
Hot Frothy Butterscotch
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon butterscotch flavored extract
- 32 miniature marshmellows, divided
- Place the milk, brown sugar, and extract in a heavy medium-sized saucepan, and stir to mix.
- Place the saucepan over medium-high heat, and, stirring constantly, heat until the mixture begins to reach a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium or medium-low, and add 20 of the marshmallows.
- Continue to heat, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows begin to melt.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, and whip the mixture with a wire whisk until it becomes frothy.
- Place 6 of the remaining marshmellows in the bottom of each of 2 mugs.
- Pour the butterscotch mixture over the marshmellows, and serve immediately.