Rice balls stuffed with tomato and mozzarella
- 3 cups of basmati rice, cooked
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 4 medium balls of mozarella, quartered
- 14 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs, seasoned with salt, pepper and basil flakes
- Add the oil garlic and tomatoes to a pan on a medium heat. Simmer until the tomatoes fall apart.
- In a mixing bowl combine the rice and tomato sauce. Mix the sauce on the rice conservatively.
- The consistency of the rice should be pasty so as to render into balls.
- Take a piece of mozzarella and a handful of rice.
- Cup the rice around the piece of mozzarella as though you were making a snowball. Repeat.
- Roll the rice ball in the breadcrumbs and place on a baking sheet and in a 250 degree oven for 5-8 minutes.
Makes: 16 rice balls
Twice baked potato shreds
- 7 large potatoes, shredded
- 1 cup of fresh chopped herbs, thyme, basil and rosemary
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of white wine
- sea salt and pepper
- Sautee the onion and herbs in the oil and wine in a large pan over a medium heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the potato shreds and brown them.
- Empty the potatoes shred onto a baking sheet.
- Spread them out equally and sprinkle them with sea salt and pepper.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are crunchy.
Serves 4 persons