Cantaloupe with mint sauce
- 1 large cantaloupe, cleaned and quartered; do not remove the rind
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1 large bunch of mint
- 3 large basil leaves
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- Add the olive oil, mint, lemon juice, and pine nuts to a small food processor. Puree the mixture until a sauce is formed.
- Drizzle the mint sauce over top the cantaloupe slices.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serves: 4 persons
Fried green tomatoes
- 5 large green tomatoes, sliced .25 inches thick
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 1 tsp of Tabasco sauce
- 1 large plate of bread crumbs
- olive oil
- Fill the bottom of a frying pan with olive oil. Set it on a low-medium heat.
- Mix the egg, milk, Tabasco in a shallow bowl.
- Coat the tomatoes slices with the egg mixture.
- Coat the tomatoes with breadcrumbs.
- Plop tomatoes into the hot oil pan and flip them several times while they fry.
- Allow tomatoes to brown well.
Serves: 6 persons