Keeping Sex Fun While Trying to Get Pregnant
by Kim Hess
When you decide to conceive, having sex can really be fun and exciting. But if you don’t get pregnant right away, having frequent sex may cause you to suffer sexual burnout.
- Be spontaneous – Don’t think of sex as a chore or a duty that you do just to get pregnant. Try to have sex every time you feel like doing so and not only when you think the time is optimal for conception.
- Wear something sexy – Send a sexy picture via email or text message during the day or wear a your favorite sexy outfit. If you really want to be adventurous, give him a striptease.
- Watch something hot – Stimulate yourselves visually. Watch your favorite romantic or steamy movie together.
- Use a props – Spice up your sex life by using a new sex toy. Sex toys will help lighten things up and allow you to explore new sensations.
Try different positions – Some positions recommended for getting pregnant include man-on-top or rear-entry. These positions will help the sperm travel to the cervix.
- Don’t abstain – It is a common practice for men to save their ejaculate about a week before the exact time of ovulation. Good news: You don’t have to do that. In fact, younger sperm cells are livelier and more motile than the ones being stored for more than a week. Running out of sperm if you have sex too often is also a myth.
- De-stress - If you are having a difficult time conceiving, try to reduce your stress by not thinking about conception. Try to enjoy being intimate with your partner without thinking about conception. Many women conceive after they stop trying to.
- Quality time – Spend some quality time with your partner. Go out on dates. Talk long walks while holding hands. Revisit some of your favorite restaurants.
The most important thing is to relax and enjoy sex while trying to get pregnant. The more relaxed you are, the better your chances of conceiving.