Pain During Pregnancy
pain is a common complaint of pregnant women. Back pain can occur at any time
during pregnancy. For many women, back pain interferes with daily activities and
the ability to get a good night's sleep.
causes Back Pain during Pregnancy?
are many causes of back pain. The most common causes are listed below.
- The weight that you gain while pregnant is necessary for the development
of the baby but can wreak havoc on your back muscles.
in center of gravity.
- As your uterus grows, your center of gravity shifts
- As your center of gravity shifts forward, your posture and the
way you move changes.
- The changes in your posture and they way you move
often lead to backaches and back pain.
- During pregnancy, the hormone relaxin causes the ligaments between
your pelvic bones to soften and your joints to loosen in preparation for your
baby's passage through your pelvis during birth.
- As the structures that
support your pelvic organs soften, you may feel considerable discomfort on either
side of your lower back, often with walking, especially up and down stairs.
you Reduce Back Pain?
Talk to your doctor. Ask him to evaluate your posture and recommend exercise that
will help reduce your back pain.
doctor should be able to demonstrate:
to correct your posture while standing, walking and sitting
- exercise techniques to strengthen your muscles.