Comments A Stepmother Should Not Say To A Stepchild
Stepchildren are part of an extended family. Many phrases, demands, and comments can be taken out of content with just one word. The process of healing can take on a whole new world.
Listed below are comments that a stepmother should not say to a stepchild.
- "Your father did not ask me first before allowing you to do that."
- "I am not your mother, nor do I care to be."
- "Your mother let you do that in her house, but it will not be done in mine."
- "How long do you think you can keep up the pretence of liking me."
- "It is in your best interest to do as I say, not what your mother say."
- "While you are in my presence, you will not cling to your father."
- "I am the parent in this house. Your father will let you visit with friends if I say so."
- "If you want anything out the kitchen, ask me first. This is my home, not yours."
- "It is understood, that I am your fathers wife now, not your mother."
- "Stop trying to come between your father and me. It won't happen."
- "It is time for you to grow up, and understand, that I am the one your father loves."
- "Finding fault with me, will not get you anywhere."
- "You are a guest in our home."
- "How long will it take you to realize the reason your father divorced your mother? He didn't love her anymore."
- "Once you are away at college, things will be better between you and me."
- "This is not about you having your way, It's about me getting mine."
- "I have one thing in mind, and that's between me and your father."
It may not be the best of situations with stepchildren, but you must remember they are still children to their fathers.