Finding a Spa that matches your needs is a very important part of the relaxation process. A spa should have a large variety of spa treatments for your skin and body.
Tips on Finding the Perfect Spa
- Do research into what of spa would fit your needs and desires.
- If you are not quite sure what type of service you would like to receive, call the spa ahead of time to ask any questions that you have.
- Ask friends for recommendations.
What to Look for in a Spa
To help you decide what best fits your needs and desires, here are a few simple tips to consider when choosing a spa.
- Clean environment
- Professional, courteous staff
- Male and female staff
- Credentials of staff available upon request
Types of Spas
- Day Spas offer spa services administered by professionally trained technicians. The traditional spa services usually offered include full-body massage, body treatments, facials, manicures, and pedicures. Your visit will not extend overnight.
- Salon Spas are similar to Day Spas in the services they render. Salon spas are attached to a salon in order to allow you the convenience of combining your body and beauty needs in one visit, if you so desire.
- Club Spas are located within fitness clubs or gyms and often include similar services as a Day Spa or Salon Spa.
- Medical Spas offer traditional spa services as well as treatments that require a doctor’s supervision. Some treatments that require a doctor's supervision are laser resurfacing and Botox injections.
- Destination Spas offer the complete spa experience in an overnight setting. The purpose of these spas is to assist patrons in making healthy lifestyle changes. Services may include traditional spa services, establishing physical fitness routines, lectures on healthy lifestyle make-overs, and spa cuisine.
Services Offered by a Spa
- Turn off your cell phone when you arrive.
- Arrive at least 20 minutes before your spa appointment so you have time to check in, change into your robe and slippers, and relax.
- Arrive at the spa sooner than 20 minutes if the spa has a steam room, sauna or hot tub. It will help relax you before your massage. Shower off the hot tub's chlorinated water before your spa treatment.
- Massage is usually done nude, but you are covered with a sheet at all times.
Only the part being massaged is exposed.
- Share public space respectfully with other spa goers.
- If the pressure is too much-- or too little -- speak up.
- Don’t forget to tip 15%-20%.