Cool Stuff that Mama Loves
Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs are simply miniature versions of full-sized fluorescents.
- Compact Fluorescent Bulbs screw into standard lamp sockets, and give off light that looks just like the common incandescent bulbs - not like the fluorescent lighting we associate with factories and schools.
- The electricity used over the lifetime of a single incandescent bulb costs 5 to 10 times the original purchase price of the bulb itself.
- Replacing a single incandescent bulb with a Compact Fluorescent Light Bulb will keep a half-ton of CO2 out of the atmosphere over the life of the bulb.
- If everyone in the U.S. used energy-efficient lighting, we could retire 90 average size power plants. Saving electricity reduces CO2 emissions, sulfur oxide and high-level nuclear waste.
- Compact Fluorescent Bulbs can be applied nearly anywhere that incandescent lights are used.
- Energy-efficient Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs can be used in recessed fixtures, table lamps, track lighting, ceiling fixtures and porch lights. 3-way Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs are also now available for lamps with 3-way settings.
- Dimmable Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs are also available for lights using a dimmer switch.