Tips on how to make new friends
- Join a gardening club or start a community garden.
- Start a monthly tea or book group.
- Get involved with kid-centered activities, such as Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts or other youth clubs.
- Do you knit? Join our Ravelry group
- Volunteer at schools, libraries or charitable organizations.
- Join an exercise group.
- Attend P.T.A. meetings. Volunteer in your child's classroom or be a chaperone on school field trips.
- If you are a stay at home mom, attend a "Bring Your Baby Day" at a local movie theater.
- Reconnect with your Alumni Association.
Alumni organizations are great social opportunities. Many organize outings, volunteer opportunities, happy hours and more. Having gone to the same school as the other attendees gives you an instant topic of conversation.
- Join or start a babysitting cooperative.
- Start or join a carpool.
- Attend Mommy and Me classes.
- Join a meetup group. Meetup.com is the world's largest network of self-organized clubs and community groups.
There are Meetup groups for almost anything you can think of, including women's social groups, wine groups, dinner groups, board game groups, coffee morning groups, and single mom groups. Meetup.com helps people:
- Find others in their area who share their interests
- Learn, teach, and share things
- Make friends and have fun
- Rise up, stand up, unite, and make a difference
- Be a part of something bigger—both locally and globally