What have you done for your feet lately?
by Raquel Hunter
Happy feet, happy you! What have you done for your feet lately? One of the most neglected parts on your body are your feet. You pamper your hands, you pamper your face, you even pamper your legs, but what about your feet? By following these simple foot care tips, your feet will thank you!
Foot Care Tips
- Don't ignore foot pain
- Foot pain is not normal. If you have unexpected foot pain, see a doctor.
- Inspect your feet regularly.
- Pay attention to changes in color and temperature of your feet.
- Look for thick or discolored nails.
- Check for cracks or cuts in the skin.
- Peeling or scaling on the soles of feet could indicate athlete's foot.
- Any growth on the foot is not considered normal.
- Wash your feet regularly
- Trim toenails straight across, but not too short.
- Make sure that your shoes fit properly.
- Purchase new shoes later in the day when feet tend to be at their largest and replace worn out shoes as soon as possible.
- Select and wear the right shoe for the activity that you are participating in.
- Alternate shoes
- Don't wear the same pair of shoes every day.
- Avoid walking barefooted
- If you walk barefoot, your feet will be more prone to injury and infection. At the beach or when wearing sandals always use sunblock on your feet, just as you do on the rest of your body.
- Wear sunblock or sunscreen on your feet.
- Be cautious when using home remedies for foot ailments
- Self-treatment can turn a minor problem into a major one.
- If you have diabetes, it is important that your doctor inspect your feet at least once a year.