Journey Into Healing: Awakening the Wisdom Within You
by Deepak Chopra
The Mindfulness of Meditation technique is a simple meditation procedure that can create a deep state of relaxation in your mind and body. As the mind quiets down but remains awake you will experience deeper, more silent levels of awareness.
1. Start by sitting comfortably in a quiet place where you will have a minimum amount of disturbance.
2. Close your eyes.
3. Breath normally and naturally, gently allowing your awareness to be on your breathing. Simply observe your breath, trying not to control it or alter it in a conscious way.
4. As you observe your breath, you may notice that it changes of its own accord. It may vary in speed, rhythm, or depth, and there may even be occasions when your breath seems to stop for a time. Whatever happens with your breathing, innocently observe it without trying to cause or initiate changes.
5. You will find that at times your attention drifts away from your breath and you are thinking about other things or listening to noises outside. Whenever you notice you are not observing your breath, gently bring your attention back to your breathing.
6. If, during the meditation, you notice that you are focusing on some feeling, mood or expectation, treat this as you would any other thought and gently bring your attention back to your breathing.
7. Practice this meditation technique for fifteen minutes.
8. At the end of fifteen minutes, keep your eyes closed and just sit easily for two or three minutes. Allow yourself to come out of meditation gradually before opening your eyes and resuming your activity.
We'll teach you how to #LiveTo100!
Join our newsletter!
RSS| Sitemap| Careers
©2000 - 2017 MamasHealth, Inc.. All rights reserved